Friday, November 7, 2008

Day 8


Hi Killarney;
Here we are once again. (Stan, we are having problems logging into the internet most days, this does not mean I have died.) This morning the ladies went to a sewing class. We will bring some samples for you …. I think you are in for a surprise. The ladies were using a treadle singer and one with a handle on the control wheel. They have about 25 women in the group and they spend most of their time waiting in line to use the machines.
Lee and Ruth went to the hospital and spent the morning listening to the staff debate treatments in French! They are having some difficulty finding a translator. They are trying to make a list of supplies that we could send.
Pastor Darrell and Pastor Raha went to the university to have a tour with the rector.
We were taken to a beautiful restaurant for lunch, followed by musicians playing outside. It was wonderful!
The ladies decided to forego the afternoon revival meeting and rest (in the market). We walked a short distance from home and found a cab. The three of us together with the driver took up all available seating. However, a pedestrian seemed to think we were going his way too! He joined us in the back seat. I hear the layered look is in?! I think we went to ‘superstore’. The check outs had computer screens and handheld scanners. No cash drawer, however, just someone sitting with cash in his hand. Everywhere we went people were whispering behind their hands “wazungu” …. that’s us. We are having some difficulty blending!
In the morning, the men are going to a village to have look at the harsh realities that represent the countryside. Pastor Raha feels it would be too difficult for the women.
Pastor Darrell just asked me to do 2 days for the blog. I did yesterday already, so I can only assume he wants me to do tomorrow??! I think I’ll just leave that for now.
Coming to you from the Congo
(you should see the bugs!)
Killarney team

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanxs hon. Winter storm w/4" of snow and drifts here. Power outages all over. We are still alive too! E-mail to my account please. L of L, Stan